[at-l] Re: WHO tribute

KarenS62@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Mr. McGillicuddy,
>
> I am writing to express my concern regarding your tribute to The Who during the Trail Days talent show. I appreciate that you were there to make a comedic impression on the pliable minds of the the people of Damascus as well as this years hikers, but I feel you need to show more responsibility. To give proper tribute to a classic band like The Who, you need to at least put strings on the guitar.

I reckon I must give some sort of disclaimer (sadly) about that guitar...as I've taken heat for smashing a 'perfectly gooooood guitar'.  First of all, the guitar was mine. I can smash it if I want. Second of all, it was a peice of crap that has been lost in my basement for fifteen years and someone else's before that. I stole parts from an old John Mellencamp guitar to make it look more real. And,
lastly, the feeling I got when that guitar hit those steps, and during most comments about it since, made me glad I'd saved it for those fifteen years instead of smashing it then...

The only reason I'm attaching this to POG's note is because there were actually people upset that I smashed my own guitar...(BTW, there were strings...7 of 'em)

And, that was no shirt...just a really good tattoo....of a really bad shirt.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98