[at-l] Re: silnylon

If I understand what you're describing you have a setup that looks like an angle bracket. Sort of:

    /
   /
   ----

type shape. Silnylon on the ground is fine as long as you are careful where you pitch the thing.
Just as it is fine to pitch a tent without a groundcloth. There are different grades of nylong and
some are certainly tougher than others which would impact the longevity of the fabric. I'd don't
think I'd be overly concerned. Though I imagine in a windy situation there is a lot of strees at the
angle where floor and wall meet.

I don't use a ground cloth with my Stephenson tent. I wouldn't use one if I owned a Nomad. I don't
use one with my tarp usualy (do others?).

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **