[at-l] silnylon

Currently I use a blue tarp, (cheap hardware store style) as a lean to.
Using an 8x10 version I stake about 4x8 and then flip over the remaining 6
feet to form a leanto and groundsheet all in one.  I was looking at the
silnylon tarps in Campmor and one of the staff said that if I use it the
same way, the portion between me and the ground would be destroyed.
Therefore, I would have to carry a groundsheet and the resulting weight of
the silnylon tarp and groundsheet would not result in enough weight
savings, if any, to justify changing my system.
Is he right?

Rich