[at-l] Re: Re Sharp TM 20s can you touch type on them

At 02:20 PM 4/30/01 -0400, KarenS62@aol.com wrote:

>What is this list coming to if you can't ask ANY questions? If you can't post a maildrop list, an opinion about any type of equipment or a new signature file without someone getting on your case about it? If you can't do these things, than why are we all here?

I think she's right.....
We used to joke about things being verboten.  Somehow that running gag has become a reality.
It's true that we have argued a lot these last six months.  I'm not sure that it's the subjects
that are the problem all the time.  Maybe people, me included, have to start thinking twice
before posting once.  Maybe a re-read or two will tone down the level a little.
This place is supposed to be fun and it's hard to have fun when you are walking on eggshells.

I vote we withdraw the nono's and just start self editing a little.  That's a nicer way to do it
than censorship.  Try smiling while you are typing.  If we can't grin_and_type, or at least not
scowl, maybe we should change what we are typing before we share it with the list.
I mean we could try that for a while anyway.

---