[at-l] Fwd: Apology to People's Republic of China

Greetings,

This could be described as an accident?  NO.  I encourage you to review the
video of the January incident where I believe the *same* pilot, Wong Wei (no
pun intended), made contact with the EP-3.  Wildbill referred to the Real
Audio link in an earlier e-mail, same topic as above.  The footage was
incredible.  The guy was an idiot, bumping the plane and then getting out of
shape less than twenty feet away from the craft because he was flying his
jet too slow, flaps down, trying to maintain speed with the prop.  Our
military makes mistakes, certainly, and they're always well publicized.  I'm
proud to live in a country where I can read about them.

Regarding the "trick being worked on us" of individual freedom and
individual accountability under the law, I guess I'm just tricked.  For
those bleating for socialized medicine, there's no constitutional right to
health insurance.  We don't live under a democracy, or mob rule.  We live in
a constitutional republic.

Take Care,

Tim

"Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner."

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:11:56 EDT, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:

>  In a message dated 4/17/01 7:53:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>  app-trail@excite.com writes:
>
>  << ? The greatest fallacy of "American hypocrisy" is the view that this
nation
>   of almost 300 million acts with one will.  Individual and corporate
choices
>   are separate and distinct from government actions.  A country that rules
its
>   people with an iron fist (China comes to mind) while controlling
businesses
>   (China again) may be subject to such an indictment.>
>
>      *** Sorry, but this seems to fall well short of an explanation. When
it
>  works for them it is a free nation acting within the separation of state
and
>  free enterprise. When you come before the bar it is a nation of laws with
no
>  individual above them. Like a trick being worked on you. One group of
>  subjects asking for more being given an iron fist of limits of law
another
>  being exempt if it works for the elite cash flow class. Every government
has
>  this system.
>      I could get into examples about national health care reform being
denied
>  to the greater percentage of citizens who wanted it or environmental
measures
>  by the same, but I won't because you will come up with a convenient
excuse
>  defending hypocrites for that too probably.
>

>   <<?? China's destroying their environment at an accelerating pace.  They
>   criticize the Bush administration for rejecting Kyoto, something Clinton
>   never even introduced to Congress, while their country is *exempt* from
the
>   accord.>>
>
>      *** True, and so are we. I believe China to consist mostly of a
primitive
>  peasant class of subsistence impact. Again, every government appears to
be
>  using excuses while the clock is ticking on the biosphere. We use the
most
>  resources of any nation by ratio.
>
>   > America smashes helicopters together regularly killing trainees often.

>   ??? Structure aside, I can't see where this has anything to do with the
>   price of tea in.....well, you know.
>    >>

>      *** Well, yes it does. The poster criticized China's incompetence.
The
>  jet was doing a reckless move, no doubt, but if you read any US paper you

>  will read the same on a monthly basis with our own military. I just ask
that
>  posts intending to work up resentment against China be honest and fair.
>  Nothing wrong with that in our nation, is there?
>
>      This could be described as an accident. Let's not pretend we have
never
>  had one of those OK (Vincenes)? Otherwise we could look like the corrupt,

>  hegemonistic, war-mongering, one-sided, blind, nationalists we are
accusing
>  the others of being. Yes-men all to anxious to drag us into another
Vietnam
>  are people I don't encourage, thank you.

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/