[at-l] Happy Bday to RamBunny and stuff

Just spent an incredibly wonderful night with a bunch of thruhikers, most of
all our own RamBunny, hiking the Trail again this year, and today (last night
I guess) being her birthday.

I'll try to remember everyone - some of them aren't thru hiking, they are pre
hiking (they already thru'd once) on their way to the PCT.  That would be
Yogi, Tree and Paranoid.  Probably more, but I caught what names I could.
Met Freight Train, and Little Bit, and Hot Sauce and Dust - found
weathercarrot ( the tent made it, Kurt), who hiked for a few days w/ the
bunny  . . . had a great time on the trampoline at Miss Janets, ate good
food, had a few amber colored malt beverages, and in general, wow.  Reminded
me of why I love hikers.  What a great group of people to hang out with.

Next week is the Thru Hiker Easter Dinner, hosted and a part of Mahoneys (the
local outfitters) opening an outfitters on the river.  (that would be NOC,
used to be expeditions,campground about a mile past Johnnys and 2.9 miles
before Curley Maple Gap Shelter, on the Trail.)

Anyone in the area, feel free to stop by.  We're picking up hikers from
Damascus to Hot Springs, and in between, and expect more than a few,
including most of the crew we had here tonight.  Local folk will also be
there, including, I believe, the people from the hostels up around Wautaga
Lake, and members of the local maintaining clubs.  Food is aplenty, supplied
mostly by local retailers.

In case anyone missed Baltimore Jacks post, there will be a scattering of
Patch's ashes at the Priest on the 28th.  If you need directions let somebody
know.

In the meantime, everyone say a happy (belated now) birthday to RamBunny -
she blew out the candles so I guess her wish will come true ;)

The Redhead

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---