[at-l] Ibex clothing

I'm not sure this ever made it to the list.

ibex is having a 40% off moving sale. You can learn about what is still in stock at
<www.ibexwear.com>. they focus on wool and wool blend clothing and it is really nice. Apparently,
they've gotten some high press from Backpacker magazine (didn't know that when before I got my
Icefall jacket; wouldn't have much cared since I don't generally put much faith on BPer reviews) if
that matters.

I'm now the happy owner of an Icefall jacket and Guide Lite pants. The jacket sizes run large. I had
to get a small and it almost fits perfectly even now and I know I'm heavier than I should be
(normally I owuld have gotten a medium).

I haven't had a chance to hike in either garment yet and considering the rather warm weather that is
here right now I don't know when I will get a chance. If only I could get up north somehow to go
hiking then I'd certainly have the chance... sigh...

What follows is a copy of the message I posted on BackpackingLight.

    The Ibex clothing just came in. I'm wearing the Guide lite pants right
    now. Maybe I hsould have gotten a size smaller. If I loose a modest amount
    of weight these are going to be too big and since they just have a
    drawcord to cinch them tight (elastic waist band) you can't really tighten
    them that much. The pants are size large. They could be a tad shorter too.
    So I might return them for a medium. The pants feel differnet from my MEC
    Ferrata (Schoeller Dryskin) pants. They're softer though I'll be damned if
    I can feel the wool in the fabric blend (I know it is the inner liner and
    it really is soft). Accoridng to Ibex it is a Scheoller wool blend
    (skifan) that combines Schoeller Dynamic with wool. I'm not sure what the
    proportions are (neither the Schoeller website or their little .pdf
    document on skifan fabric provide much information). I suppose the inner
    liner is the wool and if that is so it certainly is very soft on the skin.
    The pants (large) weigh 420 grams (14.8 ounces).

    The pants are warm. I'm not sure yet if they're too warm for the Tetons
    hiking trip with highs in the upper 50s. They very well may be. While
    sitting outside in mid 40s weather they were comfortable and I'm still
    confortable in my house (theoretically 68*F). I'll spend the afternoon
    wandering around town and this evening when the temperature dips into the
    mid 20s I'll do the same thing.

    The Icefall jacket is definitely sized large. I really did not think a
    small would fit. It is, in fact, a bit snug, but after I loose some weight
    it'll fit just fine. I probably take a 38-40 suit (haven't gotten fitted
    in a long time for one) and the jacket fits pretty well even now). Like
    the pants it is made of the Schoeller skifan fabric which means a
    Schoeller Dynamic outside with at lest some wool on the inside. Feels
    nice.  Certainly nicer than the MEC Ferrata Schoeller Dryskin jacket. I
    don't know how warm it'll be yet. I've only worn it outside sitting down
    in the mid 40s weather we're having today. It blocked the wind and I was
    warm (I was wearing a normal cotton botton down shirt underneath).  The
    size small jacket weighs 420 grams (14.8 ounces).

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **