[at-l] Re: Vitamin C Precipitating Iodine -- was Filter or iodine for 6-day trip (TN-VA)

FWIW, in 1997, I picked up giardiasis on the Long Trail in VT.  I was
treating with iodine but had accepted water from a friend who (I thought)
had been filtering.  Could be that he wasn't filtering or that he wasn't
careful about keeping intake/output hoses apart.

Who knows?

I also think that some people are just more or less susceptible to water
born illnesses than others.

I know I'm susceptible so I would rather not take chances.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99
(and not a single cold or intestinal problem from GA to ME)