[at-l] Filter/tabs and Vitamin C precipitating

In a message dated 4/5/2001 1:21:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cleek@cleekhouse.com writes:

> Does the amount of iodine that one uses
> not depend on the amount of water being purified? Is our daily intake of
> water really that variable? I don't think so (especially when doing the

While hiking a hiker can use up to a couple of GALLIONS of drinking water a
day. If your using a 100% RDA vitamin/iodine tablet/powder, that treats a
litter of water. Over the course of a day he/she will have taken way over the
RDA.

Most of the time using Iodine to treat water in the USA. A hiker would only
need one tablet, then wait about 15, and drink. If it is very cold or cloudy
water, then you would have to wait 30 to 60 mins before use.
Check out this site for water treatment information:
http://www.rei.com/reihtml/LEARN_SHARE/camp/clwatertreatf.html

Wildbill

multipart/alternative
  text/html