[at-l] Body of Evidence

Alejandro and all,

One of my jobs is working with bacterial DNA.  You cannot get DNA from
hair (it is a protein).  One must collect either an actual tissue sample
or blood.  On must consider the cost of collecting tha sample an
analyzing it.  Such a proceddure would add another $2000 to the cost of a
thru hike.  Surgically implanted chips are only a couple of hundred
dollars and are routinely used in show dogs.  There ae cheeper versions
that have been use to spoil dog-nappers in pet stores.  It is, however, a
real pain in the butt to hike 2000+ miles, do we need more pain for a
piece of paper not even worth a plug nickel.  Me, I have hiked the AT;
one of these days I am going to thru hike it (maybe).

Grey Owl

Write your congress person to protest drilling in ANWR
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.