[at-l] REI

OK, since I had some not so nice things to say about my local REI
(Conshohocken PA) on this list, allow me the opportunity to take it all
back. I just went there Friday with my significant hiker babe, and wow what
a difference from last time. A totally reorganized and stocked store, with
all sorts of gear we hiker types actually use!

My wife got boots which do not hurt her feet at all -- a first (30 miles on
the AT and side trails this weekend, no sore spots)! She also got Marmot
Precip rain pants, and some other waterproof, warm stuff. Good thing, 'cause
Saturday it rained / sleeted all day.

The footwear salesman was very knowledgeable and helpful, unlike in past
visits, when it seemed they tried to sell you the heaviest and most
expensive boots they had.

Check 'em out.

-- Hal/Pokey (eating crow and trying not to choke on it)