Cover or Coverless [at-l] the Kelty Flight 60

Double bagging can help, and has worked for some quick and dirty bear
bagging for me. The condensation problem is exactly why the grocery
sacks are good for the end of the sleeping bag, the water runs off, but
vapors from my grubby feet are free to polute the ozone layer.

Now the garbage sacks do have a good place in you pack. Should you fall
in a river or somehow get yourself and everything else wet and cold, a
large garbage sack or 2 may save your life. Get out of your wet clothes
and climb into the bag, preferably without closing the top over your
head. Otherwise, it becomes a body bag rather than an emergency shelter
and reheating booth. You could possibly use such as garbage bag as a
vapor barrier sleeping bag liner, by keeping it near your skin and not
allowing sweat to condense into the sleeping bag fill material.

I also like the ziplock bags. David Addleton turned me onto the very
strong bags they sell at The Container Store and similar places. These
are sturdier than even the stand up ziplocks, with much more robust
zippers. In general, I find a 1 or 2 quart bag is large enough for a
day's food, prepack into these, grab enough bags when I decide to go
for a walk, and simply pull the Snickers and GORP baggies out for
walking snacks. By the end of the day I have a ziplock filled with
tonight's dinner, and could use the bag to rehydrate if I were so
organized.

Bill.....
(trying to stifle the temptation to wonder about non-innate holes)