[at-l] Re: REALLY REALLY good trail dinner

Kahley wrote:

> Other than the fact that he doesn't like chili or
> vegetables, or tuna, the
> field is open.  What glorious food/bait would you
> use to hook a future sherpa?

I found that my favorite one, that's actually
extremely easy, is a can of chicken, a box of Stove
Top Chicken Flavoree stuffing, and a couple
tablespoons of cream cheese.  Dump the chicken in with
the stuffing mix and cook that, then add the cream
cheese about 1/2 way through cooking.  (I usually
added the cream cheese at the beginning since I was
really lazy in camp...)  Since you mentioned he liked
corn, a handful of dehydrated corn would be good too.
I also added dried mushrooms, grean beans, and peas to
the water while waiting for it to reach boiling.  (The
grean beans didn't always rehydrate very well, and the
corn can be a touch crunchy, but the mushrooms and
peas were great!!!)

=====
--
Schuyler Stultz