[at-l] Thru hikers and GS cookies

> I bought 14 boxes of Girl Scout cookies (Tagalongs,
> Thin Mints, and Samoas/Caramel Delights) before my
> hike and put them in the freezer. Then, my mom would
> put a box in my maildrops. I would get to the P.O.
> and
> voila! Girl Scout cookies for hungry hikers! Yummmm!

We've all heard the joke that we know when we became a
thru hiker when we find an M&M on the ground and eat
it w/o thinking about it.  Well, last year, for me it
was an opened package of the DoSiDo girl scout
cookies.  (The peanut butter only ones.)  My
"civilized" friends still roll their eyes in disgust
when I talk about the things I ate on my hike when I
got really hungy.  The best story I tell them is the
eating of the squeeze butter/margarine.  They always
get squeamish at that one.  heh heh

=====
--
Schuyler Stultz