[at-l] Water filter/purifier/chems/whatever

I've used a filter but also just direct drink.  I don't use chems cause the
dogs reject the water.and I guess it's dumb to listen to the dogs but I do.  It would
be problematic to carry separate water anyway.  I'd like to know how you inline
folks manage during the day?  Are you all hose suckers <G>no offense meant,
or do you stop and wait for the water.  Also. if there are directions or better yet
a diagram to show how to rig a bag/filter/bag set up for an inline, please post.
Are there fittings to attach the hose to the bags?  I have the nalgene soft canteens.
Thank you, in lightness....