[at-l] Water filter/purifier/chems/whatever

There are at least 2 ways to do the hose thing with an inline filter.
First, use a bag type water bottle, put dirty in it, attach the hose with
the inline filter between your mouth and the bag, start drinking. Not a lot
of waiting.

Another way is to put dirty water in a bag or BigZip Platypus, attach the
hose with inline filter but without the bite valve. Put the open end of the
hose in a clean water container or pot. Hang the dirty bag high above the
clean pot (but check to avoid drips of dirty water contaminating the
clean). Wait for it to filter. Use the water as you move on or cook. Takes
about the same amount of time as with a PUR Hiker filtration, with less work.

Occasionally you do have to remove scum from the filter element if you
don't open it and air dry it periodically (for instance at night so it
doesn't freeze). Otherwise, it is pretty bombproof.

OrangeBug