[at-l] Water filter/purifier/chems/whatever

on 2/18/01 1:56 PM, Robert Rubin at rhymworm@pop.mindspring.com wrote:

> Well, Rich, if your main criterion is good tasing water, you're going to be
> a happy camper.

Have to agree there. In fact, I just drank from the spring in front of the
Rausch Gap shelter. I put the water in a platypus and drank some well after
leaving. It tasted so good it made me forget whatever it was I was thinking
just beforehand. Ahh, the simple pleasures of the trail...

On an unrelated note, I really liked that shelter, and the boy scouts who
showed up late on a night when I expected to see no one (pouring rain and
34°) were good as gold -- lights out and totally quiet 45 minutes after
arrival. In the morning when I left they were picking up every little piece
of wrapper and tin foil around the shelter.

-- Hal/Pokey

Question of the day: Why do people who know it's bad too drop the whole
wrapper think dropping the little corner they tear off is any better?