[at-l] Esquire Micro-Light knife

At 09:45 PM 2/3/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a little tiny "Buck Lite" locking blade knife that is only about 2
>inches long. I use it once in awhile but not very often at all. My own
>self, I wouldn't carry a big knife.  Hopeful

I have that knife!   Oooops..no I'm wrong.  I have the mini.
http://eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?Mode=Text&TopLevel=-1&SKU=BU1399&A=
It's about the lightest thing going for a quality blade.
I carry it because I don't like gnawing on my cheese or balogna.  Plus
where I hike there is little to no traffic and a decent knife is one of the
essentials.  On the AT, during season, I think you could get along without
a knife if you wanted to but you'd still need tweezers for tick patrol and
maybe scissors for moleskin.  A toothpick comes in handy after balogney. <g>
The little swisses with all the above are pretty useful but most of the swisses
are overkill.