[at-l] Mouse ingenuity

--- Merlin <ept@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Has anyone had a mouse get into food well hung on a
> baffled cord?  Has
> anyone ever seen a mouse trying to get around a can
> or lid to get to
> food?

     The mouse baffles worked fine on my NOBO hike in
'99 until I reached Maine's 100 mile wilderness.  I
got a new hole in my food bag each time that I stayed
in a shelter.  I even watched a mouse do a trapeze act
on the stick under the can on an unused hanger.  As
soon as it realized that it had an audience it dropped
to the floor and scurried away.

Cobweb