[at-l] Re: What the?

A friend of ours was going with us on his first hiking trip and wanted to
practice carrying a pack first.

He's also the ultimate cheapskate, so we couldn't talk him into a real pack.
He got an old canvas rucksack from a thrift store. To practice, he loaded it
with bricks to give it weight and went to a local park to walk.

He said there were lots of people out for a Sunday stroll and they gave some
strange looks to a guy carrying an old rucksack around in this very
civilized, urban park setting. He got even more looks when the bottom came
out of the sack and bricks spilled out all over the ground.

He said we wouldn't have believed how fast he gathered up those bricks. Said
his wife pretended not to know him. :-D
Vcat