[at-l] Re: Strange gear

A trail maintainer once told me that just such a person once explained that
he thought paid employees cleaned up messes along the trail (sort of like
janitors).

When told that the people cleaning the trail were volunteers, the person's
response was that anyone who would volunteer to pick up other people's trash
must be some kind of chump.

As a species, I'm afraid we have a ways to go...

Then there was the guy I saw a couple of months ago with an six-pack cooler
bungeed to his pack. I can understand the desire to enjoy a cold one, and
I'm sure this guy was only walking a couple of miles, but the high
temperature that day was about 45°.  :)

-- Hal (Pokey Papa)