[at-l] Re: Strange gear

> It really happened. I've seen a photo in one of my books.
> Can't locate it
> just now, an excuse to look at all my AT books again. How
> awful ;-). The
> guy in the photo found a young cat at the start of his hike
> and carried the
> cat along on top of his pack. Ziggy sounds familiar. It may
> have been him
> that was in the photo I saw. It would take a lot of rereading
> to verify,
> but I think that this has happened more than once.

In fact, it has happened more than once. A young lady picked up an almost
dead  stray along the trail and nursed it back to health as she went. It was
so small that she thought it was only a kitten, when she stopped in a town
at a vet, she found out it was almost two years old. The cat WALKED much of
the way and road on her pack when it was tired. By all accounts it was quite
a mouser...

Lee I Joe