[at-l] Furs Gear List

Here's my thoughts
At 10:15 AM 2/1/2001 -0500, FurTrappers@webtv.net wrote:
>Tent- Nomad
>Tent Stakes- 3 Aluminum
>Ground Cloth- Tyvek

Take 4 tent pegs - the extra for when you lose one, and for storms. I am
getting around to agreeing that the Tyvek ground cloth just ain't
necessary, either.

>Can Opener- GI type

Why a can opener?

>Sm. Knife- Swiss Army

How small? Does it have a can opener (although I don't know why you need it.)?

>Rope

Type and quantity of rope, please.

>Ink Pen

Pencil is very important part of the first aid kit. Pens can leak and run out.

>Extra Bic Lighters- (2)

Just how many Bic lighters do you need?

>First Aide Kit- Bandaides,moleskin,secondskin,goldbond
>powder,anti-secptic,alcohol pads,sewing needle,dental floss,sm.
>mirror,personal meds, pack matches)

Too many wound dressings. No need for both moleskin and Secondskin. You
have iodine, hence you don't need anti-septic and alcohol pads. You have 4
lighters and matches. Frankly, keep the matches and lose 3 lighters.

>Base Layer Bottoms- (2)MidWeight Capiline (1)LightWeight Poly Base Layer

At most one Midweight Capiline. When are you leaving? I'd bet the
lightweight poly, trail pants and wind pants will be more than you need.

>Tops- (1)Coolmax LongSleeve (2)Coolmax ShortSleeve

Why so many and the Paramo Mt. shirt?

>Wool Socks- (3)Smartwool
>Liner Socks- (2)Coolmax

2 socks at most and no liners.

>Rain Coat- Nylon Backpacker II
>Rain Pants- Nylon Backpacker II

You have a shell and a jacket. Do you really need a rain coat and pants?

>Gloves- (1)Fleece (1)Polyliners
>OR Shell Mitts

Lose the fleece gloves or the mitts

>Olympic Rain Hat