Trail Days 2001 was Re: [at-l] Trail Days $10 tent fee

In a message dated 1/24/2001 9:31:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,=20
mpaton@twcny.rr.com writes:

> I haven't been following the list lately, but in case everyone doesn't kno=
w=20
> yet... =20
>=20
> Damascus is planning on charging everyone a $10 tent fee to camp on town=20
> property.  If you think this is as crazy as I do, you are encouraged to=20
> email JOHN REESE, CHAIRMAN OF PARKS AND RECREATION - appletree@naxs.com an=
d=20
>=20

>From their web site it looks like a done deal.

Trail Days 2001

This year's Appalachian Trail Days Festival will take place in Damascus,=20
Virginia=20
> >> May 12 =AD 20.
>>=20
>> Appalachian Trail Days has grown from a few hundred attendees in 1987 to=20
>> over 20,000 last year. The event takes many dedicated workers interested=20
>> in putting on a first class outdoor festival.
>>=20
>> There will be a meeting for Volunteers for Appalachian Trail Days 2001 at=
=20
>> the Damascus Town Hall January 25, 2001 at 7 PM.
>>=20
>> Damascus' Appalachian Trail Days 2001 will begin on May 12 with the All=20
>> Damascus Yard Sale. There will be several events through May 17. The majo=
r=20
>> Trail Days gathering and Festival will be May 18, 19, and May 20.
>>=20
>> Tent camping ON TOWN PROPERTY will be $10 for up to 5 days with an option=
=20
>> to renew for an additional 5 days. Camping in the National Forest, as we=20
>> understand it, is free except at campgrounds. Camping on private property=
=20
>> is by arrangement with individual land owners. Town Tent Camping Permits=20
>> will be on sale beginning May 11 at Damascus Town Hall.
>>=20
>> Information submitted by John Reese, Chairman Damascus Parks and=20
>>=20
>=20

 <A HREF=3D"http://www.damascus.org/";>Access Damascus</A>=20

multipart/alternative