[at-l] Re: ATML Strange Sighting

At 05:10 PM 1/13/01 -0500, David Hicks blasted the following out into the
ether:
><snip>
>As I was returning to my car, I saw a young couple along side a big SUV in
>the parking lot.  They were strapping on moderately large internal frame
>packs (I would guess 4000ci +), complete with full large hydration bags.  As
>I approached, I noticed there clothes looked as if they had just stepped out
>of the pages of LL Bean, Orvis, or the like -- including heavy hiking boots.
>As I was leaving, they were heading toward  a 0.75 mile loop, each pumping
>away with trekking poles.

      Reminds me of what I saw in Korea about ten years ago --

      This guy drove up to a recreation area at a beach, got out and got a
large pack out of his trunk, put it on, adjusted the hipbelt and set
off.  About 50 feet later, he stopped and pitched camp...

      Korea was interesting, and it really makes you appreciate the
US.  You see, most trees in Korea are less than 50 years old.  Almost
everything older was destroyed in the war.

      Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico         DM84jk N34d 25.446m W103d 12.700m (or so)

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)