[at-l] Gear Storage

At 08:21 PM 1/13/01 -0500, KarenS62@aol.com wrote:
>Help! I'm overrun with gear, clothing, etc. I need an easy way to store a
>large amount of assorted

Welcome to the club.  It really depends on what type of space is available.
Your best option maybe to load all the gear except the bags into the packs.
Or as has been suggested, you go the rubbermaid route.  Note that some of them
have air holes hidden in the handled so moisture absorbing chems are
useless unless you block the holes.

I keep two of my packs loaded.  One in my car and the other on an enclosed
porch.
The other two are in the back of a closet. One is full of tents.
Excesss clothes and stoves and gizmos are in the clear tubs.  I built a
special shelf
in a closet for the bags.  The stuff I have stored for hikers goes home to
it's people
soon.

I think we might both make a little room by going through our stuff and
ruthlessly
pick out stuff we didn't use and bring it to the RUCK tag sale.  I was
reluctant to
do this because A) I'm a gear weenie and B) I keep thinking if I don't find
it useful
anymore, why would anyone else.  But I've recently learned that's not true
through
my lend lease program <g> so I figure, what the heck.  Bring it along, pin
a piece of
paper to it with my name and a price and put it out...couldn't hurt?

Or, you can get rid of the other stuff..the real world stuff and make room
for the hiking stuff.
I think I could benefit greatly by going through this house and pretend I'm
prepping for a
thru and will have to pay to store anything I don't sell, give away or pitch.
Maybe that's a better plan.......