[at-l] Strange Sighting

> If you come to Vinings, GA tomorrow AM, you will see me in my hiking
> regalia and full pack (minus food) walking all the available hills
> for
> an outdoor training walk. It often stops traffic.

On occasion I have loaded my pack with gallon milk jugs filled with water
and walked in our neighborhood. In this way I could gradually increase my
load to simulate pack weight without having to load up my gear.

I was out walking late one summer's evening so as to avoid the heat.
Someone reported a "strange man" wondering about the neighborhood so a
county office was dispatched to check. On stopping me he ask for some id
and what I had in my pack. I offered to show him the jugs of water and
explained what I was doing. He just looked at me then commented before
leaving that burglars don't usually still water so I must be ok. I'll
never know for sure, but I don't think he really thought I was "ok."
Hopeful
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.