Real World Redux ... was Re: [at-l] The Pa Ruck....Maybe!

--- DaRedhead@aol.com wrote:
> The Redhead
> known as Conni in the real world . . . <g>

### I thought the conclusion from New Year's was that [this *thing* to
which you're referring] was *not* the real world.

Lessee, one has stacked institutions of artifice, the other celebrates the
individual's being striped of pretension. One gauges rewards on cagey
behavior, the other rewards the uncaged. One incorporates norms of class
division, guile and "best face" while the other holds to blood, sweat, and
"face north."

I know which is the real world. It's *not* the one where the second
question people ask me is "Yer Social Security number please?"

Have a real, and affirming, day.
Sloetoe

(Recently published in MidWest Running as, I swear, "Sloetoe")

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10