[at-l] Interesting view

Great photo regardless of when it first appeared.

Short story - off topic so feel free to delete - call it a sea story except
we were not afloat for this one...

I was flying home late one night with the Admiral (CINCUSFORCARIB) from some
meetings in the Caribbean - Trinidad, I think - l and we were in his
executive jet which which was a converted Sabre jet from Korean war vintage.
We were flying high, as I recall, some 10,000 feet above commercially
assigned traffic lanes.

As we went around Cuba and cut across the Florida Straits I could see below
me and to the right the lights of Havana and I could see below me and to the
left the lights of Miami.  Never have I had so indelibly impressed on me the
privilege of living in America.  Miami was big, sprawling, vital and
brightly lit while Havana was dim, dismally dark with some sections of the
city totally black where they were unable to provide electiricity.

Keeping this short, I drew the obvious comparisons and thanked the Lord that
I lived to the left and not to the right.

We may now resume our regular programming.  This is not intended to start a
thread about the wasteful excesses of our cultural lifestyle, please....

Al (Draggin' Anchor)