[at-l] planning

Billie H. Cleek wrote:
> Ok, what about cash.
>
> Right now I'm planning on $2500 -- enough?
> Cleek

Possible, but it would be cutting it close and you would have to be very
very VERY cash conscious the whole trip.   When in town, you would have
to try and tent vs get a room, a stay in a hostel would be lux - even if
the worst snorer on the trail is in the bunk next to you; be careful
about the amount and type of food you eat in town; do maildrops so you
don't have to buy much trail food with that $$ when the town prices are
high etc.

I walked a while w/ someone who tried it with around that amount and he
was complaining he was almost out of cash before Damascus - and he
didn't 'seem' extravegent, but got a few cases of extreme town suckage
to avoid bad weather and he was buying food all along the way ( no food
drops ).   realistically, I think the $2 / mile is more doable and
comfortable if you can possibly swing it.

Cheerio
Paula