[at-l] Photo contest . . .

James Bullard wrote:

> At 12:39 PM 1/5/01 -0500, tom wrote:
> >I'd think twice about it. By entering, you give them shared copyright:
>
> Not! Entry of a photo into a contest gives the proprietor of the contest
> rights to display or publish in relation to the contest and its outcome
> (i.e. here are the winning photos).

Did you read the rules? By entering a contest you agree implicitly to
the rules of that contest. In this case, GORP will do anything with your
submission they please.

If you're arguing they don't have that right in spite of what they say
in the rules, would you be willing to follow up and track them, and then
take them to court for what you consider copyright violation?

> Looking at this from another perspective, how many of the AT-L listers are
> pros who are concerned about the copyright of their hiking photos anyway?

I am.

Anyway, you don't need to be a pro (whatever that is) to be concerned
about the reproduction of your images.

tv

The pro side:

www.bigdayphoto.com