[at-l] More on winter..Pads

At 02:30 PM 1/5/01 -0500, W F Thorneloe wrote:

>The one thing you left out is the need to get calories on board,
>especially as soon as you hit camp.

Errr.....OB....the last thing I need is calories on board.  But if you know
any tricks for converting
'cushy' to fuel, I'd be really pleased to know.  I have gained 40 lbs since
I stopped training in 98,
and that's on top of being overweight (but fit or at least marginally
capable) since i was seven.

And what the heck is a carbolic food anyway...yes, I've been watching the
infomercials......<sigh>.

I figure I need to hike about 2167 miles with nothing but bullion  and
Gatorade <g>
to get a handle on this......anyone have any secrets?  LOL........