Wussy Ankles was... Re: [at-l] taping

--part1_cf.a16a87.27878363_boundary

My foot system is in serious trouble...
I have orthotics, inserts for the toe box of my shoes, boots & shoes that are
wide
& long enough (14's), but due to some kind of a joint problem, I am unable to
walk
for more than a few minutes (always with pain).
I have had foot problems for the last year or so. I went to the doctor, the
podiatrist,
got orthotics, took drugs (or was that college... hmmm....). I still have the
problem,
only it has gotten worse in the last 2 months. Maybe it was the Grits I was
soaking
my feet in (I sure didn't want to eat them...).
Now I have to go back to the doctors & start over, just to get to the point
where I
can walk without pain.
Now where is this all leading?  Take care of your feet! Use insoles, well
padded shoes, etc. before you hike too, not just during your hike. Can't hurt
to have them looked at by a doctor either (or a Swedish massage parlor....),
to eliminate any physical problems.
Personally, my pain comes from an area I hurt many years ago. It's great for
a while, then hurts like hell for a while (like a marriage...). I only seem
to pay attention
to it when it hurts (and I am paying the price now).

Russ

In a message dated 01/03/2001 9:12:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:

> --- Ben Wright <silas_wright@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > In my experience, boots and insoles are often
> > overlooked when a person has chronic ankle,
> > shin, knee, lower back, etc. problems. The feet are
> > what all the rest of the structure is sitting on
> > afterall.> Turbo Turtle 2000
>
> ### This deserved major repeating. Sorry I took so long. I'll just add
> that if my &quot;foot system&quot; isn't right, I'll be limping within 2
> miles in a
> long (1-9 hour) run. That's pretty fast. Pay attention to de feet, to
> avoid defeat.
>

> =====
> There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the
> great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty
> enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.
>
> T.Roosevelt 4/23/10

--part1_cf.a16a87.27878363_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>
<BR>My foot system is in serious trouble...
<BR>I have orthotics, inserts for the toe box of my shoes, boots &amp; shoes that are <BR>wide
<BR>&amp; long enough (14's), but due to some kind of a joint problem, I am unable to <BR>walk
<BR>for more than a few minutes (always with pain).
<BR>I have had foot problems for the last year or so. I went to the doctor, the <BR>podiatrist,
<BR>got orthotics, took drugs (or was that college... hmmm....). I still have the <BR>problem,
<BR>only it has gotten worse in the last 2 months. Maybe it was the Grits I was <BR>soaking
<BR>my feet in (I sure didn't want to eat them...).
<BR>Now I have to go back to the doctors &amp; start over, just to get to the point <BR>where I
<BR>can walk without pain.
<BR>Now where is this all leading? &nbsp;Take care of your feet! Use insoles, well <BR>padded shoes, etc. before you hike too, not just during your hike. Can't hurt <BR>to have them looked at by a doctor either (or a Swedish massage parlor....), <BR>to eliminate any physical problems.
<BR>Personally, my pain comes from an area I hurt many years ago. It's great for <BR>a while, then hurts like hell for a while (like a marriage...). I only seem <BR>to pay attention
<BR>to it when it hurts (and I am paying the price now).
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Russ
<BR>