Re: [at-l] smokies question

In a message dated 12/20/00 2:11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lpatton@mailer.fsu.edu writes:

> So how legal do you want to be?  --  eArThworm
>
> From http://www.nps.gov/grsm/gsmsite/recops.html#obp--
>
> "Backcountry Camping
> All backcountry campers are required to have a free backcountry permit.
> They are available at most ranger stations and visitor centers. Anyone
> staying overnight in the backcountry must camp only in a designated site

Yea, I saw that - that's why I thought maybe there were campsites since it
said designated site or shelter.  I guess they meant all the smokies, not
just the AT :(

Okay - any designated sites NEAR the AT, anyone know?

The Redhead

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---