Re: [at-l] Re: attitudes

In a message dated 12/9/00 9:06:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, MMSW00@aol.com
writes:

<< A thru hiker knows this and expects this but will have good days too, but
when you only have the luxury of getting out  there once in a while, ya want
good weather, right? >>

Not neccesarily...one of the prettiest sections I did, it rained every day
except the last day.  There weren't any views, but there wouldn't have been
any if there hadn't been rain. What made it so pretty was the deepness and
richness of the color on the azealeas and mountain laurels. When the sun
finally came out, it washed out all the colors.

Come to think of it, I have NEVER had a hike longer than two days where it
hasn't rained (or snowed) the majority of the time. No wonder I usually hike
alone :)

POG

To:            <at-l@backcountry.net>