Re: Lacy things and Stitches' honor... was Re: [at-l] laces

I read this yesterday while I was at work and had to just hit next.  I was
getting the strangest looks from people and some suits were trying to give
prospective customers a tour of some of the (robotic) test facilities and my
laughing wasn't helping.

Here's a relevant cartoon...  Imagine going through this with three layers
of fleece?  On an 8 degree morning?

http://www.fbofw.com/comics/forbetter/archive/forbetter-20001126.html

OUCH!

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

>From: Sloetoe <sloetoe@yahoo.com>
>To: hudsom@us.ibm.com, at-l@backcountry.net
>Subject: Lacy things and Stitches' honor... was Re: [at-l] laces
>Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:15:32 -0800 (PST)
>
>--- hudsom@us.ibm.com wrote:
> > From: "Mara Factor" <m_factor@hotmail.com>
> > Use leather thong/laces.>>
> >
> > Ummm, just trying to picture Stitches in a leather thong....  phew, warm
> > in here...
> > Oops... thong LACES... I see... my mistake... <vbg>
> > Skeeter
>
>### Skeeter:
>I write to defend Stitches' honor.
>I had opportunity to observe said Stitches at (...um) 'close quarters' for
>a 6 day hike with absolute temperatures ranging between the single digits
>up to perhaps fifty-five degrees. I can say unequivically that while she
>might have been (...um) underdressed for *my* metabolic/caloric needs (I
>don't think that came out right at all), at no time did I observe a
>leather thong (or other lacy things). But it was dark.
>
>And if said Stitches DID hike with such things, and they turned up missin'
>-- well, I would have know idea where they might have gone.
>
>[To the tune of Walking In a Winter Wonderland]
>
>Lacy things she may be missin'
>Didn't ask her for permission
>I'm wearin' her clothes, silk pantyhose
>Walkin' round in women's underwear.
>
>In the store there is a teddy
>With little straps just like spaghetti
>It holds me in tight, like handcuffs at night
>Walkin' round in women's underwear.
>
>In the office there's a guy named Melvin
>He pretends that I am Murphy Brown
>He'll say "Are you ready?", I'll say "Whoa, man!"
>"Let's wait until the wife is out of town!"
>
>Later on, if you wanna
>We can dress-up like Madonna
>Put on some eyeshade and join the parade
>Walkin' round in women's underwear
>Walkin' round in women's underwear
>Walkinnnnn' round in womennnnnn's underrrrrr-wearrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]

To:            m_factor@hotmail.com
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net