Re: [at-l] present recommendations

Greetings,

My favorite is also Blind Courage by Bill Irwin.  I read it when it first
came out, which I think was 1990, the year after I started my section hikes.
Last year I had the immense pleasure of spending the evening at dinner with
Bill and Debra at my employer's conference.  My boss, also a hiker, knew
that I had recommended him as the speaker, so he asked me to sit with them.

The next morning Bill spoke to us, and included a short video in his
presentation.  It was one of those rare moments when my work life and hiking
pursuits merged into one.

I also highly recommend Uncommon Places, the photo collection of AT sites by
renowned photographer David Muench.  It's available through the ATC at a
pretty good discount to members.  The photos are roughly in south to north
order, so it's been neat working my way through the book over the years.

Take Care,

Tim

Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html