Re: [at-l] Thanksgiving on the trail

Thanksgiving Day on the trail during my 1999 hike wasn't a memorable one
food wise. Can't remember what I had for lunch but it was probably some
Cheese Danish Pastry Swirls. I love those things!

Dinner was at Shoney's in Hiawassee. Nothing special either.

I have spent 4 or 5 Thanksgiving Days on the trail and the only one that I
can remember as being a  feast was at Roaring Fork Shelter. My wife and I
walked in about 12:30 after having a stormy and cold night on Bluff
Mountain. Shortly after we arrived it began to rain and we spent the
afternoon eating and dozing. I don't remember what we ate but it was good
and it wasn't typical trail food.

southwalker99@alltel.net
ME-GA '99
In hiking there is no special recognition given for speed, style or
finesse. There are only those that do the hike and those that don't.