Re: [at-l] Thanksgiving on the trail

>From: Pat Villeneuve <pvillen@imap1.asu.edu>
>Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:35:23 -0800
>
>I've long fantasized about being out on a trail for Thanksgiving. I
>think I could do a pretty good feed out there. Who has been out on
>Turkey Day? Have you tried to replicate the traditional meal? What did
>you do?

Didn't end up eating it as planned but packed the following for Thanksgiving
last week...

Lipton's Chicken Noodle cup of soup
Roasted Garlic Instant Mashed potatoes
Stove Top stuffing
Spicy Sweet Potato Terra chips (after 4 days, they were still uncrushed)
Pacific Smoked Salmon (vacuum packed doesn't need refrigeration - got it
anyway :-)
  (It's way better than turkey in a can or turkey jerky - but heavier)
Dried Cranberries
Just Veggies (These are dried to a crisp)
Just Apples (These are dried to a crisp)
and Raspberry Dark Chocolate for dessert.

Wanted to take some packets of instant hot apple cider but couldn't find any
in the local stores.  Took hot chocolate instead.

If anyone knows of a brand for hot apple cider packets, please let me know.
I think I had one sometime within the last year that was quite good.  It
might have been a common brand like Carnation but I just can't remember.  I
would love to ask a local store to stock it.

Thanks,

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

To:            at-l@backcountry.net