[at-l] transplant...

Cinda Williamson - Timmy '97-'99 - is on her way to Minneapolis for a
Pancreas transplant.  She is diabetic, and this transplant is a godsend to
those so stricken.  If all goes well, she is looking at maybe six months of
hell after the procedure, then a life free of diabetes.  Cheesburgers,
cheeseburgers, and more cheeseburgers...

Some of you on this list may have met Timmy, and her husband Peter Pan.
They both were a part of the 1997 Slackpack Tour.  This list hosted the
journal from that hike.  Timmy struggled with her diabetes the entire hike
in 1997, and had to miss certain portions of the trail that year.  In 1999,
Timmy finished all of the sections that she had missed, and became a 2000
miler...

Timmy and Peter Pan hail from near Boone NC, and are great friends to
hikers.  Some of you may have rubbed elbows with them at Trail Days most any
year.  Hoops and M&M (AT, PCT) - of Bagels Plus in North Conway NH - from
this list are dear friends.  Mrs Gorp and Art Cloutman met them in 1999...

Timmy and Peter Pan's email address is cindanal@boone.net - I don't know how
long they will be away for the procedure, but "get well" emails may put a
smile on their faces when they return.  If you send one, please keep it
short.  Also, in their email to me they state "We ask your particular
prayers and thoughts that our trip will be uneventful and that the surgery
and recovery will proceed smoothly."

I have included the URLs for some photos of Timmy and Peter Pan below...

Here are bunches of photos from Timmy's 1999 hike of the White Mountains
that finished her quest for the 2000 miler patch -
http://www.hike-usa.com/sl9922.htm and subsequent pages

Here is the one photo that best exemplifies the determination that Timmy had
in completing her journey - it is of Timmy seeking comfort from Peter Pan,
her husband, after a brutal day of hiking through the Mahoosuc Notch, up the
Mahoosuc Arm, over Old Speck, and ending at Grafton Notch -
http://www.hike-usa.com/99073126.jpg

Pittsburgh

To:            Gammara2@aol.com, at-l@backcountry.net