Re: [at-l] Re: water purification

--- Gammara2@aol.com wrote:
> folks what formula do u use to add chlorox to water to disinfect it? how
> many drops/oz/per gallon? thanks- jim

Reading my favorite site
http://www.fc.net/~tdeagan/water/one.html
might lead you to conclude that chlorine is ineffectual for making potable
water for personal consumption. That would be a rational conclusion....

Interestingly, "water treatment" was a topic of conversation a few times
with the SOBOs met in the Smokys this past week. Some DID filter; some
*sometimes* iodined; some... well, maybe Stitches recalls better. (?) One
gal claimed she caught giardiasis, and responded to it with an "Oh, well."

Me? These soon-to-be 2000 milers asked me how *I'd* treated *my* water way
back when. I responded "I treated my water very well, and with respect."
Noone got it.

Sloetoe

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10