Re: [at-l] Cellulite Hero

--- Atcamel@aol.com wrote:
> Here's an article from Sunday's Boston Globe on the hiker that was
> rescued from Mt. Washington with a C@#l Ph@#e.
> Evidently our cellulite hero is making money from his rescue.

To be fair, he claims that he did not know the sellfone was in his pack...
but then the article describes him as "slipping toward death" with his
temperature measured at 97*. Oh pleaseeeeee. I'm lucky if I'm 97* right
now. Roughly 20 years ago, after marching two miles through a blizzard (to
give blood on a New England Saturday morning), I had to wait 15 minutes
before I showed up on the "new" digital thermometers (at 95.5 or 96* --
something ridiculous). I was *truely* athletic at the time, too, so my
pulse was rudely under 60 bpm. And no coffee yet, either. (I'd stayed in
bed as long as I could.) Butttttt, since I was the only person there, they
took me. (Nowadays, they want to know my mother's maiden name. Yeeesh!)
Anyway.... "97*" and "slipping toward death"? Gimme a break. They shoulda
seen me n' Stitches last week, me giving new meaning to the phrase "blue
moon" every morning. Shootfiredang.

Sloetoe
(a full 20+ pounds lighter
a full 20 years ago...)

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10