Re: [at-l] Trip Report

    These cancelled-due-to-inclement-weather reports lead well into a
question I had this morning while trying to maneuver my ice-glazed sidewalks.
 What do thru hikers do when they encounter freezing rain type conditions, or
icy conditions of any sort?  Post-holing in deep snow is hard work and can be
treacherous, but what about ice-glazed rocks and trees? Do you just lay low
and hope the morrow is better, or slowly slip and slide your way?   There's a
chance I may attempt a SB next May, so I guess I'm starting to think
differently now.
                            Tina

Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net