Re: [at-l] Trip Report

>>>"...what about ice-glazed rocks and trees?"<<<

If there is ice on the trees, you'd best take a long breakfast until the
bigger pieces get done thawing and falling, unless you brought your
helmet. Slipping and sliding and pulling oneself along a glazed trail is
something to be avoided at all costs, so check out item no's 600668 and
473123 at www.rei.com or no's 33850 and 33054 at www.campmor.com or go
all out and get a pair ( 2.5 lbs. ) of Tubbs Pirahna snowshoes for $400.
I never imagined I would get stuck in an ice-storm (many years ago) but
when slipping and sliding is the only option for getting to shelter,
strap your doubled up sleeping pad to your behind, because you will end
up on it
eventually.

Alejandro

" When I was a boy, I was told that anyone could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it." - Clarence Darrow

To:            AT-list <at-l@backcountry.net>