Re: [at-l] Can we talk about socks?

Ditto on my experience with Smart Wools. I don't use a sock liner and have
gotten a few minor and quickly resolved blisters on small toes - apparently
from balancing or attempting to grab the trail with my toes on hills. I've
never found them hot, even in summer. They can wear out, even when they are
still the loftiest (is that a word?) sock in the drawer. I've simply had to
make the rule that these socks stay in my pack between trips and never go
into my sock drawer until worn out from trail use.

I've tried Thorlos and did not like them. They don't seem to have as much
cushion and support. But I've never seen a Thorlo with similar cushion to
the Smartwools. I've also been happy with a dark green poly sock purchased
at Fontana - but not enough to recall the brand (Wigwam?). I'm beginning to
suspect my Vasque Clarions on their second insoles are in need of
replacement, but I love those SmartWools.

OrangeBug