[at-l] Flying With A Pack

Hi all,
I need some ideas on packaging my backpack for an international flight.
Usually when I fly with my backpack, I pack it in a big duffle bag for the
flight.  When I get to wearing I'm going, since I usually also have a
rental car, I just leave the duffle in the rental car while I'm hiking.

I'm going to the UK in a week or so, and won't have a car in which to leave
my duffle.  So, I was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion for how
to package up my pack (going and coming) so that it will survive the flight.

Thanks!
Tom