Re: [at-l] Who is Gathering?

In a message dated 09/19/2000 2:43:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bluetrail@aol.com writes:

<< Two years ago there was a pizza restaurant in Athens, but it sure looked
tiny. I don't remember seeing any other place to eat that was remotely close.
 Athens is so small it makes Damascus look like New York City. >>

*** Heck yes, it was tiny. In fact, I can't recall how many hours Skyline and
Wisperlite and I whiled around there waiting for subs. Outrageous. Not
recommended if you're on a tight time schedule (say, lunch).

There was a Subway sub shop in the basement of the Student Union, but it kept
kooky hours. And a tiny gas-station / 711 / greasy spoon that served up
breakfast. That's about it. It's a SMALL town, folks. That said, even though
the food at the Student Union was so-so, it's cheap and in mass quantities.
What more can a hiker ask for? :)

Cheers, Navigator