[at-l] Re: Re Making a tent fly

OK, I need to toss my two cents in here (and given inflation over the
past 20 years I suppose they're now a bit more than two cents).

I was actually in a flying tent in Arkansas some 20 years ago. I was on a
three week road trip with several other kids and the adult trip
organizer. We had stopped in Arkansas somewhere for the night to camp. I
ended up in a big dome tent all by myself. The people that would normally
have been my companions that night decided to sleep in the van. A big
wind came up during the night and all of a sudden the tent and I were
moving through the air. We were deposited a few meters, pretty much right
side up, from our initial location. I don't now remember if I spent the
rest of the night in the van or if I got the tent re-pitched and stayed
in it. I suspect I spent the rest of the night in the van.

My tent and I flew.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **