Re: [at-l] An Intro, an apology, and a few questions

>From: "Ryan O'Neil" <rnkoneil@erols.com>
>Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 23:36:16 -0400

>I'm wondering about camping off the
>trail between Hexacuba Shelter and Jeffers Brook. Is there a good place?

I don't remember off-hand if there are good stealth camping sites there, but
I know there's a new shelter there.  I think it's called Ore Hill.  It's
about 8 miles south of Glencliff.

>We still need a stove. How hard to operate is an MSR Whisperlite Shaker
>Jet? Does a SnoPeak GigaPower use only SnoPeak fuel canisters?

Can't answer any of these questions but thought I would just mention a
couple of lighter weight and simple options...  The Esbit stove (uses solid
fuel tablets) and an alcohol stove.  Both are simple to light and put out
when done.  Great for boiling water and cooking simple meals.

>Plate vs. bowl vs. a big cup? I'm leaning towards a bowl and a cup, ...

Um, two people?  One pot, two spoons, and your water bottles.

Actually, figure out the meals you're going to be carrying and try cooking
it at home.  Can you get by eating out of one pot?  If not, maybe you need
just one additional bowl.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99