Re: [at-l] Backpack and airplanes

In a message dated 08/03/2000 6:43:47 PM EDT, MHOLMES@NETVA.COM writes:

<< Anyone have a useful suggestion on sending a backpack via the airlines?
 Wife and I are planning trip to NW and are thinking of taking the hipbelts
 off our packs and the lids to the packs (Dana Terraplanes - hmmm...designed
 to go on planes?  ugh - bad joke)  .  Anyway, we were thinking of putting
 backpack into large duffel bag and then sending it through baggage the
 regular way. Would carry the top lid on the plane with us (hipbelt threads
 through that).  Anyone have any other suggestions or warnings? >>

You have it all ready, Use the duffel bag.

Wildbill